Friday, October 8, 2010

BC - Day 17 of 30

It's been usefull going over the more basic math lessons. I'm up to high school math now. I don't think I ever learned long division.. I think I just failed it or and made up for that fact by doing good with the other math stuff. Maybe.. they just let us use a calculator.. and that's how I managed to skip past it.

As a student, school work was mainly just a distraction. Personally I wasn't interested in it and really didn't get any of sort of feedback or encouragement to improve my grades. As a result.. I allways forgot to do my homework, rarely studied, and probably ended up taking an educational guess on roughly half of the tests at school. I graduated High School with somewhere around B- . I definately had the potential to do much better if I had some desire.

Realistically, all students should pass every test with 100%. If thats not the case, then something is wrong. School allways seemed more about teaching social situations then education. I wasn't to interested in things like.. learning how to put up a front and how to not be called on in the classroom. Throughout most of my school life my interest was in game development. Luckily, programming unintentionally forced me to be a slightly better student.

Blah.. blah.. blah.. Running out of time..
  • Worout complete
  • Guitar (morning.. I keep running out of time to do it before bed as well)
  • 1 Improvement, further support on work program
  • 2 Math videos
  • Bed 7ish

Percent w/ time adjustment 75.51% Complete
Avergae 32.18% Complete

3 comments:

  1. Hey, that was my high school average too!

    I definitely agree - I really wasn't that motivated back then either. I was also working part time at my parents' art school, but I don't know how much of a factor that was. I don't remember a conflict about it. I do remember hating doing homework.

    It's funny, now I really enjoy learning, reading a lot of books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder though, if we had the motivation to do better in school... Do we get something more from finiding motivation on our own?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, definitely. I think that self-motivation is much more powerful than being externally motivated.

    Also, school only teaches so much and is restricted by their their curriculum. The possibilities are almost endless once you are freed from that constraint and can focus on things you enjoy learning about.

    ReplyDelete