Friday, September 24, 2010

BC - Day 4 of 30

I felt like I had to go somewhere on my motorcycle to see how well my worn brown hiking shoes/boots worked when shifting gear up. My work shoes are awefull at shifting.. you can really feel it. My brown shoes work fine. I noticed if I bring my feet tighter in, it's even less noticable.

So, I decided to go the library. As I was waiting in line to check to see if my card was still good, I started to talking with a girl. She didn't seem very into talking with me. Anyways, re-newed the card (which didn't cost anything) and started wandering around. One of the library people gave me a friendly smile as I continued my pursuit for something. Completely randomly I ended up seeing "Ian Fleming books", who writes the 007 books. I remember my brother-in-law liked those so I checked out the one with the least female nudity on the cover. I don't want to give the wrong impression to anyone. I approached library person that smiled at me earlier and asked her how to work the self checkout area. She was very friendly. Sort of her job is to be friendly though, right? I'm not sure if they are employed or volunteers. I guess I should of asked, but.. I was socially worn out and sweating heavily from wearing my motorcycle jacket.

I then went to the groccery store and came back home. Overall not to productive, especially for a day off work.

  • 1 new taste: Cactus pear, tasted sort of like a kiwi. Had tons of uneatable seeds and had little hair like thorns that my brother discovered when handling it.
    Word of the Day is cote which is "a shelter for mammals or birds"
  • Workout complete
  • Going sleep before midnight
  • Blog w/ pic or video complete
  • Guitar complete

My progress equation was off.. it's fixed now...

Percent w/ time adjustment 93.91% Complete
Avergae 3.91% Complete (I should work to get it close to 9%...)

4 comments:

  1. I found out about the little hairs on the cactus pears when backpacking. I spent a long time trying to get them off my hand - being in the wilderness there wasn't anywhere I could try washing them off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So.. did you find them while hiking? Or did you buy them before hand?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found them while hiking. They were pretty annoying because they hurt and were hard to get off my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grabbed some of those little bastards at the grocery store just last week, actually. Luckily, I keep tweezers in my purse..

    ReplyDelete