Wednesday, September 29, 2010

BC - Day 8 of 30

My instrument of destruction. Yes... it is a squire. o.o;

I decided that today was going to be my "Long Run" day. My objective was to run for 6k, but half way through I was getting bored and decided instead I would do 5k, but up the pace slightly. I left the house sometime around 5am, and arrived back at 5:30am. So.. basically a 30min 5k. It's okay, but not really by my standards. I'll also have extra conditions during a real race.. the sun, having to drink water while running, visual distractions, extra weight of wearing a t-shirt and racing bib, and the pressure to not try to beat everyone else right at the start of it.
I should really try to get my time at 23 mins under home conditions at the minimum, to improve my chances of medaling. I would be happy to get 21 minutes in a race or under. Tomorrow I'll do back and chest strength training, and then I'll do another Fartlek run... with a 3k distance.
  • Workout for the day complete (Ab Ripper X, Stretching, and Run)
  • Guitar practiced
  • Blog entry w/ picture (not related to main blog post) complete
  • Word of the day is Insipid which mean "lacking flavor or zest. Dull"
  • 1 Math lesson complete. I would like to do a test on this stuff too for the end of the challenge.
  • Run 3.125 miles
  • 1 Improvment done, my program to print tickets for work is functioning well.. I still have more improvements to add on top of it though.
  • Read 1 chapter of Fight Club

I really need to do my workout immediantly after work, or else I just loose alot of time. Working out gets my mind right.

Percent w/ time adjustment 85.80% Complete
Avergae 12.46% Complete

No comments:

Post a Comment