Monday, September 13, 2010

Return / Birthday Challenge (Overall Details)

RETURN

Three weeks ago I started my vacation (which was really only 3 days), during that time I fell out of habit. I wasn't doing P90X consistently. The next two weeks I was covering for someone and just felt really tired coming home. I was basically doing all of her job and then alot of my own stuff. This last week I had additonal work issues that gave me a huge amount of work hours. I'm hoping from now until the end of my Birthday Challenge (from Sept 21 to Oct 21) will leave me leaving work at a decent time.

I regret not working out and updating my blog. In a way they are both related. One of the reasons I started the blog was as a way to hold myself accountable for working out 6 days a week. Physically, I feel like the muscles in my arms are weaker. I'll definatly start working out tomorrow. I'll also be adding 3 more weeks to make up for the lost time; more so, if I feel my body is still behind from where it was three weeks ago.









BIRTHDAY CHALLENGE (Detailed Listing)


I went over my list today. I removed three things "Donate $300 to 30 diffrent charities", "Create a game containing 30 diffrent maps/levels/stages", and "((Do some sort of test of will on the last day))".

  • Donating is great, but the reality is I don't make alot of money; I do contribute the money I make to things that are improtant; and I could be spending alot of money during this process, though I think it's unlikely.
  • Programming and Game Development is improtant to me, but this goal is kind of repetative since I have "Create and Distirbute 3 different games" on the same list. Creating 3 different little games would be better practice for me.. someone who rarely finishes a game project.
  • I would love to do something fun that would test my endurance over 24 or 30 hours, but I couldn't think of anything. This would of been the only thing in "Fun" catagory, which isn't to important.

My Tasks are spread out over 7 catagories:

  1. Community [ 3 Tasks ] - Supporting or helping the local community
  2. Creative [ 6 Tasks ] - A Creative pursuit.. design, development, story
  3. Development [ 5 Tasks ] - Something to help work towards a larger objective
  4. Experience [ 3 Tasks ] - Something to expand my experiences or future experiences
  5. Physical [ 8 Tasks ] - Doing some sort of Test against my physical capabilites
  6. Real [ 2 Tasks ] - Relating to my personal habits / lifestyle
  7. Social [ 3 Tasks ] - Interaction with groups and in a one on one relationship

So that's actually 31 Tasks. 27 Tasks have top priority and must be at least attempted. To be completely successfull on this I need to complete all 27 top priority tasks and 3 of the 4 lesser priority tasks. For me, this list is going to be challenging. I've never done any of these by themselves with these time constraints. I'll try though and keep daily updates on my progress (it's on the list). At the end I'll review how I did and reward myself with a score.

  1. Daily Goals [ 6 ] - Completed every day
  2. One Time Goals [ 8 ] - Once complete sucessfully one time, they can be checked off.
  3. Spreadout Goals [ 17 ] - Completed throughout.. this one's I'll need to keep my eye on.
As an undeclared task I'll try to give support to anyone else I know with their own Birthday Challenge.

Next update all show the list in more detail.

2 comments:

  1. That's great that you're willing to start the exercising back up at a slower pace, if need be. I think what is important, and probably what you are after, is an increasing level of fitness over time.

    I like the wide range of the categories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working out everyday(even if not as intense or long) is definately more important then working really hard or long once.. and then flaking the next day.

    The catagoires seemed neccissary for me. The list was a little overwhelming.. now I can just know the catagory what items associate with the catagory. I also needed to be sure the Daily tasks are catgorized so I could be sure to hit those everyday.

    ReplyDelete