Thursday, September 30, 2010

BC - Day 9 of 30

I might re-do this. I could do better

So, I've been doing these math lessons off of http://www.youtube.com/user/khanacademy.. and for the first time today, decided to look at their website http://www.khanacademy.org/. It's nice. You can log on with your google or facebook ID and basically get an assesment off what you know. So, I spent a fair amount of time doing that today.. and learned a few things...

I guess during my life I devised a non-direct way to subtract long numbers. For example... for the problem 322 - 69 . I'll instead subtract 22 from 69 (because it's easier), invert that number(47 becomes 53), and add it to the whatever place (hundreth in this case) minus 1 (So... 3 -1 = 2, 200 + 53 = 253). Of course if the problem is something like 569 - 32.. you can figure it out immediantly.

I also never really memorized the times table past 2 (for the most part). For 6 x 7, I would add 7 x 2(14) with 7 x 2 x 2(28).

  • 1,600 lbs manipulated
  • Goal of 30 (consecutive) pushups completed. I recorded it, but I'm going to try it again next week.. with better form.
  • 4 Math lessons completed.
  • Workout for the day completed (Chest and Back workout)
  • Blog entry w/ video
  • In bed slightly after 7am due to technical delays, still counts.

1 comment:

  1. Neat video.

    I'd never seen subtraction done that way - very interesting.

    ReplyDelete