Sunday, September 26, 2010

BC - Day 5 of 30

I went to sleep early Friday night, so I could wake up early Saturday morning.

I ended up leaving my motorcycle jacket at home.. my helmet and backpack I could use bicycle lock to secure it to motorcycles frame.. and the gloves I was able to cram under the seat.., but the jacket just couldn't fit.

This is my third time donning the red company volunteer shirt. The shirt is important, it gives me an identity.. makes me a repersentative. Maybe, it's easier to repersent something simple. As opposed to repersenting yourself. With my red shirt, I'm friendly and co-operative. I make corny jokes, relate to people, and throw alot of positive feedback.
This is a random picture found on the internet.
I didn't take a camera or video recorder

It was a good overall experience. At the start I was hammering nails in to build 2 of the walls with another guy. It's allways good to work with another person with a similar experience level and work ethic. Then ended up using a sledgehammer to hammer in this bolt into the foundation, which seemed kind of crazy. Using my height I marked some wood. Last part of the day was spent hammering the outside boards to the walls pieces. I woren out at the end of the day and my hair was soaked in sweat.

I rode off from the site. Hit stop and go traffic for a mile. Probably could of turned off the bike and just pushed with how little progress was made on the "go" part. It was good practice shifting from 1st to N to 1st to N to 1st to 2nd to 1st to N to 1st to N.. etc..

I decided to swing by the library. At which point I could hear my bike whining. Only the second time I've heared it whine.. the other time being riding home from the Chandler worksite. I scouted the library, but didn't find anything.

I went to whole foods to get some brown rice and scour for new foods. Man.. everything is so expensive there. I ate one sample and was then given another sample. Then I went home.

Went to sleep.

Wokeup.. kind of sore still. Watch the GI Joe movie, witch was kind of fun. The "knowing is half the battle" line was funny. Made some pasta. Discovered my sauce was bad. Then basically did nothing for the rest of the day.

  • Workout complete
  • 8 hours Volunter work with Habitat for Humanity
  • Made 1 meal of pasta with 2 ingredients, Whole Pasta and Parmesan. Nothing to special. I should probably be planning some things to make ahead of time.
  • Read 5 chapters of Fight Club
  • Bed before 7am
  • Guitar practiced (mainly just picking strings and fret positions without looking)

I traveled about 30 miles on my motorcycle in one day, but only 13 miles in distace.

Percent w/ time adjustment 89.27% Complete (Below 90% x_x )
Avergae 5.94% Complete

No comments:

Post a Comment