Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day 9

Plyometrics-Dripping sweat at the end. Heart rate topped at about 155.. and was in the 140's through most of it. That's put me in the Moderate to Hard zone.. I think that's good (see chart below). The actual workout is about 45minutes long, with 15minute warmup/cool down, and buch minor water breaks. http://images.gophersport.com/files/image/general/LARGE/HeartRateChart1.jpg

Nutrition-For at least the week. I switch my breakfast up to
Whole Grain Oatmeal (w/ two spoons of Raisins), 1 Non-Fat Yogurt (fruit flavored), and Protien Supplment in Non-Fat Milk. Previously it was 2 bowls of Raisin Bran w/ Protein Supplement mixed in. They both add up to about the same Calories and Fullness Factor. Suprisingly though the bowls of Raisin Bran gets a better rating for both Nutrients and Dietary Fiber. The thing that really kills Raisin Bran though is the huge Sodium content 1,261mg 55% DV (for a 2k calorie intake) . The new breakfast model is only 267mg of Sodium.. and with me still eating those tasty sodium packed ramen meals for lunch brings me my total intake for the day at 97% DV (for 2k Calorie intake). I now.. to much talk about this stuff, but.. it's kind of fun (for me at least, probably very boring for anyone else reading it (except maybe my Dad)).

1 comment: