Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 62 (Saturday, posting late)

I don't know what happened Friday. I got off work at a decent time, for a Friday. I guess I got really engrossed with a tv series I was waching on netflixs. Eventually, I noticed it was "6:30 am" . I thought to myself, "If I start Yoga X now, I won't be going to sleep until at least 8 am" (this being bad because I needed to be waking up at 12:30 am the next day). So, I decided I would go to sleep now. Immediantly at 6:30 am. It did not happen.. I still went to sleep at 8 am.. but with no workout. I let myself geta nice 8 hours of sleep. I got a haircut, got grocceries, and then promptly started Yoga X.

Yoga X- Yoga X went well. I think I performed even better in the start since I had my camera on me. Eventualy the batteries ran out. Since 50% of my subscribers (1 of 2) mentioned the main thing they like at my blog is the pictures.. I'll try to incorporate more pictures in the mix. The picture to side is me doing "Crane". I held it for about 55 seconds. This is also the first time I've seen what I look like doing crane. I guess I really need to get my knees in to my armpits more.. and from there focus on getting my feet up to my butt. From now on.. it's form over time.
This lady explains it well, and also explains the "Crow".. witch really yoga people (not us P90X'ers) typically work with before they do Crane.

So, before I started my next workout in the evening I waited for my brother to go to sleep. It was planned that we would all leave at 12:30 am. I mentioned to him the time at 2:50 am, but he insisted on staying up later (he was even going to sleep around midnight the previous nights). He would end up getting somewhere around 6 hours of sleep that night.

Legs and Back- I really put alot of effort in and was sweating not to long into it. I could feel the effort I put in my legs. My reps on pullups increased.. that suprised me considering how tired I was. I felt really good finishing it.

I started Ab Ripper X (first 5 minutes), but decided it would be better to just get some sleep. I ended up getting a little under 6 hours of sleep. No to terrible. I'll do Kenpo X tomorrow and be caught up for the next week (or so I thought..) .

12 comments:

  1. I think that is a trick photo because we can't see the top of your back.

    You're really laying on your back and have "upside down" trick props in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh.. Actually.. I have a hook sticking out of my back so I can tether myself to ceiling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I understand now how the commenting works.

    It is like commenting on Amazon - you have to subscribe to the particular comment thread in order to receive comment updates on the thread. On Amazon you wouldn't want to get updates on all comments - it would be too many.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess it makes sense. I would like to see an option to reply and a larger option to auto-subscribe to replys on your comments.

    Your blog's comments work well with the reply option. I ended up getting a Disqus account using my OpenID. Within Disqus it allows me to receive emails if anyone replys to my comments. This way I can also set a profile with my icon and blog address.

    It looks like your using a blogger account. Have you tried posting using your Google Account or OpenID?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use the Google account for commenting on your blog. I've setup an automatic tab opening each morning for the Google mail. That way I can check for replies to comments I've left in your blog and it also keeps me on top of spam.

    I use Disqus for commenting on my Tumblr blog.

    I haven't looked into using OpenID. I see on the OpenID site I may be able to use my Yahoo ID. I'll try that for this post on your blog instead of using Google.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I set myself up with an OpenID account linked to my Yahoo account. My last comment was under the OpenID account. Neat!

    Could you try replying to this comment to see if I new get comment email on my Yahoo account?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment posted on day 62 page. And then subscribe to Post Comments (Atom).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your comment still went to the Google email. I now signed out of Google and will still post this under OpenID.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I started following under my Yahoo OpenID. If the OpenID works out over time then I'll stop following under the Google ID.

    ReplyDelete