Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 5

Legs and Back- I think I did good with everywhere, except the pull-ups. It's a little upsettting, because doing pull-ups used to be my thing. I know if I stay with P90X, I'll get better and perform myself. I did about 6 reps of the first three types (twice) and 4 reps of the switch grip style with a foot resting on a stool. Since tomorrow is my rest day, I think I might try to just hang on the bar at various heights into the moves.

Ab Ripper X- I did really good today. My first 10 or so Fifer Scissors didn't look to pathetic, though the remaining 15 did. My "Oblique V-Ups" were really good, made me question if I had the right form.

1 comment:

  1. I don't do pull-ups because a person goes from zero to whatever their weight is, which puts strain on the shoulders if the person is weak in that area.

    I suppose if a person is strong already in the shoulders that would be okay. And they could add weight as needed by putting weights on their body.

    I'm really careful about the shoulders since that is were I got my rotator cuff injury bouldering. If I had been in a weight lifting program I might not have injured myself.

    ReplyDelete