Thursday, July 16, 2009

Crutches

Instead of going into so much detail, I thought I would make two lists related to how things are going using the crutches. I think, I might of used crutches once before when I was in 5th grade.. but I don't remember to well.

Things that work against me:



  • The place I'm living isn't kept in the best condition, makes it hard to get around

  • I don't like to clean or cook in the crutches when my brothers are awake (witch is often)

  • I can only carry things with a few fingers, unless I bare my weight on my armpits

  • My Ego prevents me from taking time off or often asking co-workers to get things for me

  • Going to work, I'm not taking care of my foot as well as the Doctor recommended

Things that have helped me:



  • I have a limited Water Supply in my room

  • Alot of my pre-P90X food is instant and located in my room

  • My main source of entertainment (computer) is in my room

  • I have Drummer Stool that works really well for having my foot rest on

  • Various People will somtimes help with things

  • I don't weight that much and have good upper body strength

  • I've been riding in to work before I got injured, so I didn't have to set something up

  • For the most part, I have a desk job (I'm sitting about 90% of the time)

  • I have a cup with a lid and handle (so it can hang by my pinky without it spilling)

Overall.. I think it's a good experience. It is kind of fun to use crutches (espeically at work with the open hallways). Though, just a few days into it my other leg and forearms are tired and my armpits are a bit sore. I thought about taking a day off.. just to rest, but now there are only 2 days left. I'm thinking I should be able to walk on it by the weekend. It's suppose to take 3 to 6 weeks to fully heal. Maybe by the time I restart the program I can get my brother (2nd born) started on it at the same time as myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment