Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Sprain Recovery Weeks 2 and 3

After the first work week was over (where I was using crutches), I switched to one crutch during the weekend. Sunday night I realized if I set my weight on my heel and had my foot pigeon-toed (facing inward), I could support my body weight without any pain. So, for that 2nd week I was able to sort of slowly limp around without any curtches. Occasionally I would land my foot slightly off and feel some pain, but nothing to intense.

Saturday, I decided to ride my bicycle to the grocery store to pick up food. It wasn't to fun. Orginally hoping to ride to two stores (one for cold stuff (milk, yogurt, bannanas, and ) and the other for dry goods(grains and nuts)), I was happy to be able to at least get my cold stuff from one. Next Sunday I found myself walking fairly normal.. so maybe the bicycling helped some. I think I'll start back up with P90X next Sunday.. which will meet the minimum healing time of 3 weeks (6 weeks was the max range)

Nutrition-Starting the 2nd Sprain Recovery week I started back in the routine of cooking oatmeal for breakfast and preparing my lunches for the week. I made a few minor changes. Since I haven't been working out, I've only been taking 1 scoop of Protein Supplement. My Calorie consumption is right in line with someone my age/height/gender that doesn't currently workout(this will of course change when I start working out) . Instead of having 2oz Cashews for a snack, it's now 1.5oz Almonds. My peanuts are now unsalted and have been eating that with raisins for an afterwork snack, which means I'm not using raisins in my oatmeal. Starting tomorrow I'll add Flaxseeds to my oatmeal.

I also need to find a place that sells raw spinach in smaller bundles or variable sizes, and perferably organic (Ref: http://www.foodnews.org/fulllist.php ). Buying bundles wastes to much. Spinach is said to only last about 8 days. Buying just what I need every week Organic Spinach would be my perfered option.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your foot is getting better.

    I used to eat the flaxseeds but switch to cold-pressed flaxseed oil. I figured I'd be getting more nutrients that way.

    ReplyDelete