Sunday, July 12, 2009

Day 21

Basketball - What? Thats not a P90X workout. So.. I haven't played basketball in like 15 years (and I wasn't really into it then), back when I was in Junior High. A co-worker put up the invitation. I would normally turn it down.. cause team sports don't appeal to me. BUT.. I thought.. "How would I do?". The oppertunity to test myself was to tempting. The first hour I was just kicking a ball around with a co-worker's brother's kid and another co-worker. The next two hours I played 5 games. I wasn't that great. I didn't feel comfortable dribbling or shooting the ball. I played some solid defense though. I got some rebounds and heh.. in one game I kept one of the opposing teammates completely out of the game, with me gaurding him no one felt comfortable passing to him. I landed kind of awkwardly a few times. It didn't seem like anything much.. left knee and left ankle.

I layed down, put some ice on it and kept my foot up and watched a movie. When I got up though x_x . So.. its bit worse then I thought. I'm still convienced that it will go away. I don't want to be going into work looking injured, I don't want anyone feeling sorry for me or feeling like I can't take a game of basketball.

The good news is that tomorrow is the start of my Recovery Week (thankfully no Plyometrics). I'm not going to do Yoga X.. but I might do Stretch X tonight, besides Yoga X is scheduled for tomorrow anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment