Saturday, August 21, 2010

Birthday Challenge (Intro Post)

Inspired by the (partially abandoned) site http://www.birthdaychallenge.com/, and more specifically by this guy. I will do my own Birthday Challenge, following the same theme of using my age(that I will be) for the various things I'll try complete. I'll start the challenge on September 21st at 4pm, finishing on October 21st 4pm (this is 30 Days from my birth time). The challenges will be a mix of (hopefully) 30 things with 30 (or the numbers 3 and 0) in the activity. This challenges will be inspired by personal weakness that I need to improve, things I want to get better at, things I want to do or am good at, and potentially suggestions made by other people.


The List (so far):

  1. Read 30 Chapters of published fiction (perferably from 30 different books
  2. Write 30,000 characters worth of text for my book
  3. Learn 30 new words and near the end of the Birthday Challenge test myself on words
  4. For 30 Days make a post tracking my progress that includes a picture or video
  5. Play 30 notes on the guitar for 30 Days
  6. Develop and Deploy 3 games.
  7. Program a game with 30 maps/levels/stages
  8. Create 30 good quality sprites
  9. On my motorcycle travel a distance of at least 30 miles from my home
  10. Workout for at least 30 minutes for 30 Days (consecutively)
  11. Cook meals that use a total of 30 diffrent ingredients
  12. Read 30 words worth of text in front of a group of at least 30 people
  13. Do a combination of meeting 30 girls (w/ romantic intentions) and going on 30 Dates
  14. Make 30 phone calls to 30 different people (work calls do not count)
  15. Donate 30 hours of my time to help someone else
  16. Donate to 30 diffrent charities a total of $300
  17. Give 30 Piggyback rides (consecutively)
  18. Jump kid(s) 30 times (consecutively) at least half the child's height
  19. Within 30 minutes do 30 Pullups.
  20. Do 30 Pushups (consecutively)
  21. Experience 30 new tastes
  22. Within 1 day travel 30 miles on my bicycle
  23. Run 30 Miles
  24. Complete a competative 5k (3.10 miles) earning a 3rd (or better) place medal
  25. Make 30 improvements (cleaning/fixing) to where I am living at (My room doesn't count)
  26. Manipulate 30,000 lbs of weight (ie. 5 curls of 15lbs per arm would be 150 lbs manipulated)
  27. Be in bed (or floor in my case) by 7:00 am for 30 days (consecutively)
  28. Do 30 acts of kindness (Does not cout towards Time and Money Donation Tasks) (Rejected acts still count)
  29. ((Some sort of test of will on the last day))
  30. Help someone I know (ie. my brother) in completing their own Birthday Challenge

If you would like to suggest something, please leave a comment. More entries to follow realted to this.

2 comments:

  1. Priscilla Shurbert's dad used to bicycle one mile for each year of his age on his birthday.

    ReplyDelete