Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 52

GameDev- I got off work earlier then normal tonight. I got a little burst of insperation to do some programming, but couldn't get into it. I just want sure how to proceed. For example I have a World class and a Player class. I want to implent a system where single screen Pseudo-Maps are created.. so when the player moves into a new map.. things can get askwed a bit. So the player would have the impression they knew where they were(single screen maps), but reality would be off a bit(askwed placement of maps). My problem was how to go about it in a Object-Oriented matter and which information/routines should be handled in which classes. At one point I thought maybe I should just write the thing in a good old procedural basic language.. then refer to that for writing it in C++. Seems like it would take a while, but it might end up making better code in the C++ version.. and then I could release the basic version for the competetion's deadline.

After my brief programming session, I got distracted with an oldder tv series I've seen before. The theme for the programming competetion is "Wilderness Survival". At one point I thought it would be neat to interput prison life as just that.. living in a chaotic unfamiliar enviroment. So I was drawing some inspiration from the TV series "Prision Break".

Kenpo X- So.. I started late due to the above mentioned reason. I felt like I had to put more effort in (starting late). I did good though.

No comments:

Post a Comment