Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 36

Chest, Shoulder, Tricep- My form improved from last week and my reps and/or weight increased slightly. I'm happy with how I did today. I'm using the pull-up bar for about half of the pushups (it's designed that way), and that really makes it easier on my wrists. The "Pike Press" in particular, benifits with using the pullup bar as a pushup bar... because you start high and really have to sink low.

Ab Ripper X- It went well today. I never noticed with the "In and outs", how straight they get their legs out. So that gives me something to work on.

Nutrition- I bought cottage cheese recently. And.. I really like it. I didn't think I did, but I guess I do. Fairly low fat and alot of 'whey type' protein. The downside is the sodium content, which might not be to bad considering everything else I eat. I definately have to consider replace some (or all) of the protein supplement with some cottage cheese. Starting last week I replaced the instant oatmeal (for the most part) with good old raisin bran. I would like to do the oatmeal, but.. it's really time consuming. The raisin bran has a more versatile assortment of nutrients, but has a fairly large amount of sodium.

3 comments:

  1. I like to use organic chicken hot dogs for quick protein. They have zero carbohydrates.

    I get the Applegate Farms chicken hot dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion.

    Do you mean 'quick' as quick to perpare or quick absorb into your system. I read that whey protien absorbs quickly into your system. So after doing strength training, you can benifit by taking a whey type protein to restore your muscles with protein quickly.

    Zero carbs is nice. Since I workout before I go to sleep I can get closer to having just protien near the end of each day. And, of course having my carbs at earlier points in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, quick as in easy to fix. Although it probably has more fat than the whey protein.

    I don't know how long it takes for the body to breakdown the hot dog, though. I'm sure longer than whey protein.

    Something I learned is that saturated fat is needed by the body, and that when the diet doesn't have it, the body makes it.

    ReplyDelete